Monday, April 27, 2009

Cassatt Near The End - Forbes.com

Cassatt Near The End - Forbes.com: "For many years, Coleman acted as something of a prophet for cheap computing via the cloud, but he also thought it would mean a sharp drop in pricing with which the big companies would not be able to compete.

'The big guys copied my story,' says Coleman. Cassatt, he adds, was upended by a slowing economy and by customers skittish about closing big orders or changing existing ways.

'What frustrates me is my own naivete,' he says. 'I thought I could give companies something radical that had a proven return on investment, and they would be willing to change all their companies' computer policies and procedures to get that. Right now it's hard to get people to get beyond proof of concept tests or a data center energy analysis.'"

No comments: