Wednesday, May 05, 2010

If you can take a VDI instance "offline," then why don't you just always run it offline? ("Madden's Offline Paradox?") - Brian Madden - BrianMadden.com

If you can take a VDI instance "offline," then why don't you just always run it offline? ("Madden's Offline Paradox?") - Brian Madden - BrianMadden.com
So my central question is "In what circumstance is the View client mode useful?" Can anyone provide an example of why I want a datacenter-hosted VDI infrastructure that is also available offline? Can anyone tell me why I should do that instead of just running everything on the client? (And don't tell me it's for users who want to occasionally go offline, because again I'll say those users should use the client-based VM solutions 100% of the time and only run a much smaller datacenter-based VDI for the specific apps or connection scenarios that need it.)

No comments: