Monday, June 01, 2009

Dembski's Latest: "Life's Conservation Law", and why it's stupid : Good Math, Bad Math

Dembski's Latest: "Life's Conservation Law", and why it's stupid : Good Math, Bad Math: "William Dembski, the supposed 'Isaac Newton of Information Theory' has a new paper out with co-author Robert Marks. Since I've written about Dembski's bad IT numerous times in the past, I've been getting email from readers wanting me to comment on this latest piece of intellectual excreta.
I can sum up my initial reaction to the paper in three words: 'same old rubbish'. There's really nothing new here - this is just another rehash of the same bankrupt arguments that Dembski has been peddling for years. But after thinking about it for a while, I realized that Dembski has actually accomplished something with this paper: in his attempt to argue that evolution can't possibly outperform random-walks without cheating, he's actually explained exactly how evolution works. He attempts to characterize that as cheating, but it doesn't work"

No comments: