Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Cincinnati Magazine

Cincinnati Magazine: "but what really gets to me with these tea-partiers and these Palin people is when I’m demonized for saying people should have health care. You know, Bubba in the Ku Klux Klan should not lose his house because his wife gets breast cancer. We should take better care of American people. And that makes me a communist? Well, OK. I don’t understand how that makes me a communist. I like my fellow countrymen and women. I want them to be healthy. I think it helps the country get better results. Less crime, better output at the factory, everyone gets more, you live better, so what’s the problem? “Well if the government does it, they screw up everything else.” Oh, let’s see, you know you’re ripping on the Marines, that’s interesting. So the marines suck. FDIC, that blows. SEC, doesn’t work. Medicaid, that sucks. The Air Force, NASA—awful. When people put down the government, [and say] “they can’t get anything right.” Shut up. Move. Go away. Or stop complaining, and let’s fix it. What’s your solution? “More tax cuts.” Oh, OK. Cool. “No government!” Excellent, who’s going fix the roads? Who’s my local cop. Blackwater? You know, it’s the lack of real solutions that gets to me, so when these people get mad at me it’s like OK, fine. Give me a set of solutions that’s compassionate, that takes care of my countrymen. And that gets us forward. “Well….” Right, I know. Just more anger. More unsigned letters, misspelled."

No comments: